Story Told by a Quadriplegic Psychotherapist

"There was a man sitting in my office. He was very obese and was suffering from bad knees. At the end of our session he struggled to get out of the chair. He clearly was suffering as he got up. He noticed that I was watching him and turned to me, 'Ya know, Dan', he said. 'As tough as it was for me to get out of that chair, I look at you and say to myself, "Thank God, I can at least get out of the chair."'
And I said, 'Ya know, I got to be honest with you, I look at you and how much of struggle it is to get out of that chair, and I think "Thank God, I don't have to go through that crap when I get old."'
One of the first projects in my new house was to build this Gate of Gratitude.
We both laughed because it's all a matter of perspective. It's all in where your 'mind lands' which determines how you experience life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Condition update May 11