The Swirlingness of It All

My marriage, for so long limping on knarled feet is formally coming to an end.
I will keep my notes here on the process, for my own sake and maybe others.
Mary-Claire Mira from Mayer, Glassman & Gaines LLP (310-207-0007)

  • tells me to move back in the house! Of course, duh, it's my house too.
  • She says my inheritance is safe with some exceptions, those being the extent to which we took care of household expenses with it.
  • She says mediated settlements run 1/4 to 1/3 the amount of a litigated settlement. It's called "collaborative law". Both sides have to agree neither will take the case to court. An "interest based" settlement is reached. A neutral accountant is hired to asses everything.
  • our pensions are community property
  • I would be looking at spousal support
  • If Michele stays in the house, she pays expenses like the mortgage. I could continue to pay the mortage and take the deduction.
  • spousal support is tax deductable
  • "What's best for both of us?" must be the theme for the coming months.
  • Fred Glassman - attourney she wants me / us to meet.

I have set up my Sansa MP3 player / voice recorder to be available in situations where an audio record is desirable. If I wind up dead, there may be something of interest on that Sansa device.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Condition update May 11

Alive and thinking